Teaching materials & simple examples
Video of lecture on research design as independent of resaerch methods
The link for QM teaching/learning resources available on the ESRC website.
Below are some of the presenters’ slides and research papers that may help you understand the purpose for the Research Design Basis for Undergraduate Teaching project. Unless specified, all the files are in PDF format and will open in a new browser window.
- Quantitative Methods QM 11 Preparing the ground
- What is Randomness? QM 1 Randomness
- What is the point of Confidence Intervals? QM 6 Confidence intervals
- Working with Population data QM 2 Population data
- Sampling QM 3 Sampling
- One sample illustration of p and CI QM 7 One sample illustration of p and CI
- Regression with and without sig tests QMQM 10 Regression with and without sig tests
Presentation by Sarah Cotterill
Who’s afraid of research questions? The importance (and neglect?) of question-led methods teaching. Patrick White, Department of Sociology, University of Leicester
Stand Out and Be Counted Booklet(Success stories of people who were skilful in QM)
SPSS Tutorials (Videos)